Current air quality forecastsAir quality forecasts using the LOTOS-EUROS model are available online:
| ||MACC European air quality ensemble|
| || Air quality forecast The Netherlands|
LOTOS-EUROS in shortThe LOTOS-EUROS is a regional chemical transport model (CTM) designed for the assessment of gaseous and particulate air pollutants. The model is used for a wide range of scientific and regulatory supporting applications. LOTOS-EUROS is built, maintained, continuously improved by developers and researchers at TNO, RIVM, KNMI and PBL. Originally designed to investigate the atmospheric ozone circulation, today’s LOTOS-EUROS:
- simulates air quality over regional and sub-regional scale;
- covers an extensive number of inert and chemically active constituents (ozone, NO2, inorganic and organic PM2.5/PM10 a.o.);
- includes data-assimilation (satellite data and ground measurements).
- analyses for assessment studies;
- (operational) air quality forecasts;
- climate scenario’s for air quality and input to (integrative) climate models.
See the introduction and research pages for more information on LOTOS-EUROS. Model documentation can be found here.
Experimental air quality forecast over Brazil
| In view of the world-wide interest in Brazil during
the summer of 2014, an experimental air quality forecast with the LOTOS-EUROS
model has been performed that covered the south-eastern
coast of this country. The last forecast was released at July 21.|