Current air quality forecastsAir quality forecasts using the LOTOS-EUROS model are available online:
LOTOS-EUROS in shortThe LOTOS-EUROS is a regional chemical transport model (CTM) designed for the assessment of gaseous and particulate air pollutants. The model is used for a wide range of scientific and regulatory supporting applications. LOTOS-EUROS is built, maintained, continously improved by developers and researchers at TNO, RIVM, KNMI and PBL. Originally designed to investigate the atmospheric ozone circulation, today’s LOTOS-EUROS:
- simulates air quality over regional and sub-regional scale;
- covers an extensive number of inert and chemically active constituents (ozone, NO2, inorganic and organic PM2.5/PM10 a.o.);
- includes data-assimilation (satellite data and ground measurements).
- analyses for assessment studies;
- (operational) air quality forecasts;
- climate scenario’s for air quality and input to (integrative) climate models.
See the introduction and research pages for more information on LOTOS-EUROS. Model documentation can be found here.